The purpose of the Education Committee is to provide high quality training to foot and ankle surgeons from across Europe and beyond.
To that end we organise the structure and content of the EFAS Instructional Courses, normally held three to four times a year at a variety of locations across Europe. We provide a core faculty for these courses but are also committed to working alongside local faculty colleagues.
During the pandemic we have been providing on-line webinars, details of which can be found on the Online Education page.
Committee Chair: Jean L. Besse
The Committee is looking for experienced orthopaedic foot and ankle surgeons committed to teaching and education to complete the 7-member Educational Committee team.
Applicants requirements (essential):
- full-paying members of EFAS,
- provide references by 2 full-members of EFAS
It is desirable for applicants to:
- have obtained EFAS certification
- be able to demonstrate extensive experience in foot and ankle surgery,
- show active involvement in EFAS courses and events in the past years.
- to be able to demonstrate motivation and commitment to teaching at national and/or international level
- be involved in research and publications in the field of foot and ankle surgery
During application (before end of 2021), candidates are asked to fill in an application form, and to provide a short biography and personal statement. The applications will be evaluated according to a scoring system by all Education Committee members. The first 5 candidates would then be interviewed (in February-March 2022) by Educational Committee and Council members.